The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Greetings, fellow travelers! I'm Alicia Blowers and work at St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School in Alexandria, VA as a middle school librarian. One word to describe me is passionate. I spend a lot of time outdoors hiking and exploring new places on foot. I have recently started learning French. I am having trouble thinking about a third interesting thing about me! A great classroom is where every child feels safe and welcome and is valued for their abilities and interests. Finland 2022 will be my first program with GEA, and I am eager to finally be able to participate after two years of pandemic cancellations. One of my favorite adventures was a quick trip my husband and I took to Scotland in 2018, where we visited the Inner Hebrides and got to meet puffins!