The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
I teach French at an independent school in Shreveport, Louisiana. I have spent 6 years as an administrator but this fall I am going back to full time teaching at the high school level. I have taught both middle and high school and I have taught in Louisiana and Washington, D.C.
I am adventurous and love to travel. One of my favorite places I have visited is Alaska. I lived for one year in Paris, France, to go to university, and I taught for eight years in a ballet boarding school. I also love to write.
A great classroom is one where students trust their teacher. I foster this in my classroom, and without trust I wouldn't be able to encourage my students to speak French without embarrassment.
I am excited to be visiting Finland and the Baltics in summer 2022!