The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
I am the director of the BYU ARTS Partnership working to increase the quality and quantity of arts education in schools. I work in the BYU Public School Partnership. I am from Utah. My primary focus is k-6 education with 6-12 extensions. I teach dance, PE and math and now am an administrator over professional learning programs that include dance, drama, music, visual art, media arts and literary arts. I am committed to public education. As a dancer, I appreciate being married to a musician, I just bought a ridiculously expensive sand box for my first grandchild because he loves the dirt more than anything, I went to Finland with GEA and it was fabulous. A great classroom is where students have a voice, feel valued and laugh alot. I grew up camping several times each year in the southern Utah deserts with my family. I watched Lake Powell fill up over regular visits during my childhood watching many natural wonders and anthropological sites erased. I am excited to spend time in Escalante with this group.