The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Currently, I am the Assistant Principal at Ernie Pyle Elementary School 90 in Indianapolis Public Schools, in Indianapolis, Indiana. I'm originally from Puerto Rico but have lived in Hawaii, Northern New York, Maryland, Florida, Texas, and now Indiana. In the past, I have taught Social Studies and Spanish and was also a Middle School and Elementary School Dual Language Teacher. Although my current role does not call for the direct instruction of students I enjoy being in the classroom as an additional set of hands whenever teachers need me. One word that describes me would be 'learner', I enjoy learning about things such as climate/weather changes, history, SEL, technology, and foreign languages. Three interesting things about me are 1. I grew up in a military family, 2. I love taking pictures, 3. I love traveling. I love visiting classrooms and feel that the best ones are the ones that are loud, full of interaction, and have a comfortable almost home-like setting. I'm currently enrolled in the 'Puerto Rico: Caribbean Adventure in the Land of Resilience' program and would love to enroll in the Scandinavia program sometime in the future. My favorite adventure was visiting the ruins of Pompeii for the first time as it is a place that has fascinated me since I was five years old.