The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Hello, my name is Karla Alpizar. I was born and raised in Mexico City. I love languages and travel. I completed my undergrad in Mexico in Computer Science.
I am completing the 2nd semester of the GCT at Weber, but I plan on completing the MEd. I am a substitute teacher at North Davis Preparatory Academy, a Spanish Immersion school. I help teaching Spanish to grades 1st-9th.
A word that describes me is "curious". I love learning about other cultures and people.
I lived in France for 3 months after college. I have been to Talin and I would move there, the city is amazing.
I am a good dancer. I have 2 beautiful kids.
A great classroom is a place where everyone is valued and respected.
I will be joining the Nordic Education Experience study abroad. It will be the first time I travel without my husband or kids in a long time.
My favorite adventures include rock climbing in the Alps, snorkeling in Mexico, going on a cruise through the North and Baltic seas in Europe, visiting the castles of King Ludwig in Bavaria and exploring the National parks in the US.