The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Hi--My name is Kat! I’m so excited to travel to Finland with you all! I’m currently a kindergarten teacher at Curtis School in Los Angeles. I’m originally from Oklahoma—Boomer Sooner! After college, I spent a few years abroad. I taught in Bangkok for a few years then moved to London to study for my master's at Goldsmiths University. In London, I taught a wide range of students, but kindergarten seems to be my sweet spot for now. I relocated back to the USA in March 2020 due to the pandemic and landed in LA. I love traveling and exploring new communities and cultures. It’s so hard to choose just one word that describes me, so I’ll share three with you! Three words that describe me are: engaging, hard-working, and personable. Here are three interesting things about me: I’m a middle child (I have an older sister and a younger brother), I’ve traveled to 25 countries and look forward to seeing more, and I love Thai food! A great classroom is full of curiosity, freedom to make mistakes, and lots of love. I am currently enrolled in Finland + Sweden and the Baltics Summer 2022 Program. One of my favorite adventures was when I studied abroad during my freshman year of college in Arezzo, Italy. Italy is a beautiful country—highly recommend visiting it! See you all in July. 🤗