The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Hello there! My name is Katie, and I am a fifth-grade teacher in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have taught, pre-k, kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and now 5th grade, all with the Salt Lake City School District. I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, and went to college in Caldwell, Idaho. I would say one word to describe myself is funny. Three interesting things about me...hmm... I did multiple singing programs when I was younger; I majored in Anthropology/Sociology at my college and was one class away from a Criminology minor; I am a total foodie- I love to try new foods and cooking different foods. A great classroom is where you build positive relationships, confidence, and independence. A great classroom finds the interests of students and incorporates an authentic and rigorous learning experience. This summer I will participate in my first GEA trip to Scandinavia and The Baltics! My favorite adventure was going to the Hawaii with my family when I was 16. We snorkeled, we ate delicious foods, we went on boat rides, etc.