The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
My name is Mamie Kynaston and I am a 6th Grade teacher from Salt Lake City, Utah. This year I teach at Thomas Bacchus Elementary in Kearns, Utah. I will be moving to Thomas Jefferson Jr. High next year and will teach both 6th grade and 7th grade History subjects.
I think that a word that would describe me is willing. I am always willing to try something new, go somewhere I've never been, take a chance, help someone else, gain new knowledge and experiences, and share that with others.
I'm not too interesting. I am only 12 1/4 years old. I have 4 children. I have been married for 28 years.
I think a great classroom is one where students feel safe to share, explore, ask questions, make mistakes, and learn how to learn.
I absolutely loved traveling to Finland and other Baltic States with GEA in 2019. We had some amazing experiences learning about Eastern Europe and the differences in Education. One of my favorite adventures was standing in the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg staring up at the most beautiful ceilings, oh, and the art of course. But the ceilings!!
I am also very excited to learn more about the southern part of my own state of Utah and go to the Grand Staircase/Escalante. I love the outdoors, especially the Red Rocks of the South.