The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
I am an Associate Professor at Utah Valley University. I came to the US from South Korea 17 years ago; lived in Oregon for 2 years, Wisconsin for 4 years, then got settled in Utah in 2011. At UVU I teach ESL Teaching Methods and Multicultural Education. I believe a great classroom is where every perspective, identity, religion and culture are valued and respected. Three interesting things about me: (1) I have never made any sick absence in my life as a student and as a teacher/professor; (2) I can fall asleep wherever, whenever, however, and (3) I am an owl collector/lover. I am very excited to join the GEA Programs for the trip to Finland, Estonia, and Sweden in May 2022. Among many countries I traveled, Vietnam was one of the most adventurous countries. My husband and I explored several cities/towns/villages with no tour guide, with no Vietnamese language skills, while experiencing so many "authentic but different" pho every single day. All were super yum in different ways, which was fascinating!