The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
Hi, I am the Director of the Center for Geography Education in Oregon (C-GEO) and also an assistant professor of Geography at Portland State University. I was born in Michigan, but moved to Arizona when I was 10 and grew up there. A word that describes me is 'passionate.' Some interesting things about me are that I am an avid hiker and look forward to getting out and exploring red rock country of southern Utah. I also thrive on diversity of all kinds. I love to learn about all apsects of other cultures and I have a special interest in researching 'sense of place' - how people make meaning and attachment to place. As a geographer, I have traveled quite a bit and have many adventure stories. My last trip was leading a group of teachers around Greece and it was amazing!