The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
My name is Marilyn Palermo Torres. I' ve been a science teacher for 27 years in my hometown. I work at the Dr. Rafael Pujals school in Ponce, Puerto Rico. I teach Life science and Physical science subjects to seventh and eigth grade students. The word that best describe me is hope. I consider myself a fighter, dynamic and very spiritual woman. Since every students who comes to my classroom I urge them to figth to make their dreams come true. And whatever you decide to do, count on me. A great classroom is one where there is camaraderie, freedom of expression and teamwork. A class room where mistakes are also taken into consideration to improve educational processes and decision making. Currently I will participate in GEA Grand Staircase - Escalante Program. One of my favorite adventures is action research. It is through this educational methodology that students carry out the study of a social problem that requires a solution. Once the investigation is completed, the students presents with his work team the possible solutions to the previously studied problem. Therefore, I can turn any environment into a living classroom.