The information below will be made public as soon as you publish your public profile. Only your “About me” page and the forums will appear to other members of this member portal (no other parts of your member information will be seen by others.)
Please answer the following questions in the box below to introduce yourself to your excursion group and the rest of the GEA community
6. One word that describes you:
7. Three interesting things about you:
8. A great classroom is where...
9. GEA Programs I have attended or am currently enrolled in:
10. One of my favorite adventures was at...
1. What is your title/position?
2. What is the name of your school, school district, or place of employment?
3. What country and (if applicable) state are you from?
4. What grade(s) are you teaching? (if applicable)
5. What subject(s) do you teach? (if applicable)
Finally, please upload a photo of your favorite adventure!
I am the Library Technology Teacher at Whittier Elementary in Salt Lake City School District. I teach students Pre-K to 6th in the library. I have lived in Utah most of my life. I am often described as quiet, but that changes if you really know me.
Interesting is a matter of opinion, but three things about me are:
I LOVE anything Disney!
I enjoy acting. I have been a cast member in a murder mystery dinner show since 2013. I have also had some very small parts in a couple of movies.
I love to try new things.
A great classroom is one that is positive where you can be yourself and not be afraid to make mistakes.
I have participated in the Finland program in 2017 as well as the South East Asia program in 2019. I am currently enrolled in the Alabama/Tennessee program. I will also participate in the Africa program that was postponed due to Covid.
One of my favorite adventures was seeing all the monkeys around Angkor Wat in Cambodia. It was crazy!